Taking on something as big as a pool remodel can be daunting, but with the right information and resources at your disposal, it doesn’t have to be. And that starts with being able to identify when it is time for a remodel. But don’t worry—we’ve got you covered.
Signs That You Need to Remodel
Before you take on a big project like a pool remodel, it’s important to recognize when it is time for one. Common signs that your pool needs a makeover include the following:
- Cracks: Cracks in your pool can be caused by various factors such as improper installation, shifting of the ground, age, or corrosion from salt. If you notice any significant cracks in your pool, it might be time for a remodel.
- Needs constant repairs: Pools deteriorate over time and will need to be repaired periodically. However, if it seems like you are constantly making repairs, then it may be more cost-effective to remodel your pool.
- Lacking energy efficiency: If your pool is not energy efficient, then it will cost you more money in the long run.
- Safety issues: If you notice any safety issues with your pool such as low water levels, cracks, or other structural problems, then it is time to get a remodel.
- Surface is rough: If the surface of your pool has become rough, peeled, or cracked and is no longer pleasant to touch, then it may be time for a new look.
Pro-Tips Before Your Big Pool Remodel
Before you start the remodeling process, there are a few key things to consider to ensure your dream outcome.
As with any project, safety is always the number one priority. Make sure that whatever materials you choose meet all local codes and standards before moving forward—the right pool company will be able to provide guidance and resources.
You should also have a good idea of what appearance you’d like for your pool before you start the process—what kind of finish will look best? If you are looking for an updated, modern aesthetic, then glass tiles or pebble finishes might work well. But you can always consult a professional pool builder to figure it out.
Transparency on cost is key to a successful remodel. Get an estimate of the total cost upfront, and make sure you understand what is included in the price tag. Knowing how much it will cost can help you stick to your budget and avoid any financial surprises down the road.
4. The Best Time of Year for a Remodel
The best time of year to remodel depends largely on where you live. Generally speaking, spring and fall are the most popular times of year for renovations as they provide mild weather conditions and minimal chances of any major storms. So before you begin, make sure you check to make sure it is a good time for your area.
The Remodeling Process: Step by Step
Once you’ve decided to move forward with your remodel, the process itself typically follows this pattern:
- Drain your pool and remove any existing surface material.
- Chip away at the surface until it is smooth.
- Inspect the structure to assess its structural integrity.
- Install your chosen tile or surface material.
- Add water, and then balance the chemicals in your pool.
Experience A Successful Pool Remodel With Taylor Made Pools
At Taylor Made Pools, we specialize in pool remodels and can help you create the perfect outdoor oasis. We have years of experience and expertise when it comes to transforming dull, outdated pools into beautiful works of art. Contact us today to get started!