Your environment can have a huge effect on your mood. Whether you’re spending time outside or just looking out onto the horizon, the visual appeal of your outdoor space can make a big difference. If you own a pool, adding some strategic pool lights can further improve the overall atmosphere of your backyard.
With so many options available, it can be hard to know where to start when it comes to lighting up your swimming pool. Here’s a look at some illuminating ideas that will help.
Think About What Style You Want
What kind of atmosphere are you looking to create? Think about the mood and vibe you want for your backyard, then consider what type of lighting will help bring that atmosphere to life. Are you going for a modern look with sleek fixtures or do you prefer a more traditional feel with charming string lights? Here are some options for each look:
- Modern Look: Accent lighting, underwater pool lights
- Traditional Look: String lights, floating lights, in-ground lights
- Caribbean Feel: Lanterns or torches
Add Variety to the Lighting
Don’t be afraid to mix and match different lighting fixtures. Try some of these fun combinations: combining underwater lights with string lights or floating lights with in-ground lights. This will give your backyard a unique and dynamic look. And if you’re feeling brave, try playing around with uplighting and downlighting effects! Trust us when we say you’ll be pleased with the outcome.
Keep Safety in Mind
Your oasis is meant for relaxation, not worrying about potential hazards. When selecting your pool lights, make sure to opt for fixtures that provide ample lighting without any blinding glare. This will minimize the risk of slips or falls while giving you the perfect amount of light for your summer nights of fun.
Where to Place the Lights
There are so many options to choose from. Consider where you want the most impactful lighting to be when planning out the placement of your fixtures. Some popular placement options include the following:
- Underwater lights: These are best placed along the edges of the pool to create a stunning silhouette.
- String lights: Try placing them around your patio, giving you some extra illumination when you’re out enjoying your backyard in the evening.
- Floating lights: Strategically place these floating fixtures around your pool for a gentle glow and to create an inviting atmosphere.
- In-ground lights: If you’re looking for a more streamlined look, these will fit right in with your landscaping.
- Perimeter or path lights: Guide guests around the pool area by placing lights along pathways or around the perimeter of the pool.
Feel Free to Get Creative
Don’t be afraid to get creative with your pool lights! With so many unique options available, you can easily create a one-of-a-kind look for your backyard. Swap out traditional lights for something more unusual and try different combinations of colors or textures. The possibilities are endless!
Create Your Dream Oasis with Taylor Made Pools
If you’re looking for the perfect pool to complete your backyard oasis, Taylor Made Pools has got you covered. We offer a wide selection of options that will add just the right touch to your outdoor space. Contact us today to get started!